Child Support for Children Over the Age of 18

Owenby Law, LLC: Helping You Reach an Effective Solution

Child support payments give a financial benefit to a minor, dependent child. Typically, child support obligations cease and are no longer required when the minor child turns 18 unless contracted otherwise. However, there are instances where a parent may continue to receive child support payments despite the child no longer being a minor.

In accordance with Florida Statute 743.07(2), a court may require child support for a child over the age of 18 because of:

  • Mental incapacity
  • Physical incapacity
  • The child is still in high school and is expected to graduate before the age of 19

When seeking to modify child support in accordance with Florida Statute 743.07(2), the parent of the dependent, adult child is the proper party to request support for that child in spite of that child being a legal adult. We at Owenby Law, LLC can help you reach an effective solution in the most timely manner possible.

Learn more about this unique kind of case when you call (904) 770-3141 for a Free Initial Consultation.

Jacksonville Family Law Attorneys, Committed to Your Case’s Success

At Owenby Law, LLC, our firm has been handling family law cases such as those related to child support for more than a decade. We have the well-versed legal knowledge and the extensive resources required to provide our clients with legal services of the highest quality. We are truly committed to the success of the cases we accept.

We represent clients throughout northeast Florida, including:

  • Duval County
  • Clay County
  • Nassau County
  • Saint Johns County
  • Orange Park
  • St Augustine
  • Middleburg

If you are seeking to gain support for a dependent, adult child, or you have questions regarding whether you are entitled to support for your child, please give us a call as soon as possible.