Owner & Managing Member
We at Owenby Law, P.A. are proud to be led by Attorney Joy N. Owenby, a
skilled and compassionate Jacksonville attorney. Her areas of practice
are extensive and include
Joy strives to place herself in the position of her clients in order to
fully understand their feelings and goals. With a
"Superb" 10/10 Avvo rating, she has the resources and well-versed knowledge required to tackle even
the most complex kinds of cases.
Background & Experience
Before turning her attention to law, Attorney Owenby worked as an administration
manager for the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Bureau of the Census.
Prior to founding Owenby Law, P.A., Joy served as legal counsel for the
state of Florida's Guardian Ad Litem Program, which supplied her with
invaluable experience regarding family law. In that capacity, she practiced
law in the areas of dependency, family, and criminal law.
She was also a judicial intern for a family law judge in the 4th Judicial Circuit and a certified legal intern in the State Attorney’s
Office Special Assault Division.
Attorney Owenby possesses solid problem-solving skills and can manage multiple
tasks in an effective manner. She can communicate in German. If you need
legal guidance, she can review the details of your case during a
free initial consultation.
- Florida Coastal School of Law, J.D.
- University of North Florida, MPA
- Florida State University, B.S.
U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
Professional Associations & Memberships
- The Florida Bar
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- The Florida Family Law American Inn of Court
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Jacksonville Women Lawyers Association
- Jacksonville Bar Association Family Law, Committee Chair 2012-2013
- Barrister of the Florida Family Law American Inn of Court
- National Association of Professional Women