Skip to Content
Grandparent Visitation Rights

Grandparent Visitation Rights Lawyer in Jacksonville, FL

Helping Grandparents Petition for Visitation Rights

If you are a grandparent whose contact with grandchildren has been severed due to divorce or other circumstances, our Jacksonville grandparents' rights lawyers at Owenby Law, P.A. can help you petition for grandparent visitation rights.

We realize how distressing it may be to not be able to spend time with your grandchildren. As soon as you enlist our legal services, we will begin working on your case in an effort to help you obtain the visitation rights you desire.

In order for the court to approve grandparent visitation, the following conditions must be met:

  • The visitation must be deemed to be in the best interests of the child, and
  • The parents must have been divorced, a parent must have deserted the child, or the child must have been born out of wedlock.

Call (904) 770-3141 or contact us online today to discuss your case during a free initial consultation.

What Is in the Best Interests of the Child?

In determining whether the visitation would be in the best interests of the child, the courts will examine things like:

  • The grandparent's or grandparents' willingness to promote a close relationship with the parents
  • The existing relationship between the child and the grandparents
  • The preference of the child if he or she is old enough to make those types of decisions
  • The mental and physical health of both the child and the grandparents

Understanding Grandparent Visitation Rights in Florida

As a grandparent in Florida, you may face unique legal challenges when it comes to spending time with your grandchildren. While the state recognizes the importance of fostering strong relationships between grandparents and their grandchildren, it also places a strong emphasis on protecting the best interests of the child.

At Owenby Law, our grandparents' rights lawyers in Jacksonville can help you understand your rights and options as a grandparent seeking visitation or custody.

We can provide guidance on:

  • The criteria for establishing grandparent visitation rights in Florida
  • The factors considered in determining the child's best interests
  • The types of evidence that may be used to support a grandparent's request for visitation
  • The legal process for seeking visitation or custody rights

Our compassionate attorneys are committed to helping you achieve the best possible outcome for your family. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and learn more about how we can assist you with your grandparent visitation case.

Protecting Your Relationship with Your Grandchildren

As a grandparent, your relationship with your grandchildren is incredibly important. However, there may be situations where you are denied access to them due to family disputes or other circumstances.

At Owenby Law, P.A., we understand the significance of maintaining these relationships and are here to help you navigate the legal process to protect your grandparent visitation rights.

Our Jacksonville grandparents' rights attorneys have extensive knowledge of Florida's laws regarding grandparent visitation rights. We can provide you with the guidance and support you need to pursue appropriate legal action.

The benefits of protecting your relationship with your grandchildren include:

  • Maintaining a bond and connection with your grandchildren
  • Providing emotional support and stability in their lives
  • Creating lasting memories and experiences together
  • Being involved in their upbringing and development
  • Ensuring their well-being and happiness

If you are facing challenges in accessing your grandchildren, don't hesitate to reach out to our compassionate legal team. We are committed to fighting for your rights and helping you maintain a strong relationship with your grandchildren.

Exploring Alternatives to Court

At Owenby Law, P.A., we understand that navigating the legal system can be daunting and emotionally challenging. When it comes to grandparent visitation rights, we believe in exploring alternatives to court whenever possible.

We can guide you through mediation, negotiation, and other alternative dispute resolution methods to help you reach a resolution that is in the best interests of your grandchildren.

The benefits of exploring alternatives to court include:

  • Reduced stress and conflict
  • More control over the outcome
  • Preserving family relationships
  • Lower costs compared to litigation
  • Quicker resolution

If court becomes necessary, our dedicated lawyers are prepared to advocate for your rights and the best interests of your grandchildren.

Reasons to Hire a Visitation Rights Lawyer

Grandparents play a crucial role in the lives of their grandchildren, and it can be devastating when that relationship is threatened or severed.

Unfortunately, grandparents in Florida have limited legal rights when it comes to visitation and custody. That's why it's important to seek the help of an experienced attorney who can guide you through the legal process and fight for your rights.

Here are some reasons why you should consider hiring a lawyer:

  • Legal expertise: Family law is complex, and navigating the legal system can be overwhelming for anyone. A seasoned attorney can help you understand your legal rights and options and provide knowledgeable guidance every step of the way.
  • Objective advice: Emotions can run high in family law cases, especially when it comes to matters involving children. A lawyer can provide a level-headed perspective and help you make sound decisions that are in the best interests of your grandchildren.
  • Effective advocacy: Going up against the other parent or other family members can be daunting, but having a skilled attorney on your side can level the playing field. Your lawyer can present a strong case and fight for your rights in court.
  • Peace of mind: Knowing that you have a dedicated legal team working on your behalf can provide a sense of comfort and relief during a stressful time.

If you're a grandparent in Jacksonville, FL seeking visitation or custody rights, contact Owenby Law, P.A. today to schedule a consultation.

Learn More About Your Options Today

In order to obtain grandparent visitation rights, you must petition the family court in Duval, St. Johns, Nassau, or Clay County. Our firm has been filing visitation rights petitions on behalf of grandparents in Florida for years.

We have the experience and legal acumen to ensure that your petition has the best possible chance of being approved. If you are a grandparent who has not been allowed to see your grandchildren, Owenby Law, P.A. can help.

Reach out to our firm without delay at (904) 770-3141 to receive personalized legal assistance for your case.

How Can We Help?

  • Meet Your Legal Professionals
    We put the time and care into your case that it deserves, and we are here to guide you through this process.
  • Handling All Aspects of the Legal Process
    We are the reputable and reliable law firm you need on your side during your legal matter. We handle all types of cases!
  • Answers to Your Legal Questions
    The legal process can be daunting, and we understand you may have questions. Review our FAQ page to find helpful answers.

The Benefits of Hiring Owenby Law, P.A.

Owenby Law, P.A. is here to help you get the results you need with a team you can trust.

  • Free Initial Consultations
  • Successfully Handled Thousands of Cases
  • Backed by Over 20 Years of Experience
  • Personalized, Results-Oriented Representation
  • A Team of Compassionate Advocates On Your Side
  • Flexible Payment Plans Available