Immediate Response

To speak with an attorney, send us some details below or call (904) 770-3141, and we will be in touch with you right away.

  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid email address.
    Please enter your email address.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
    Please enter your phone number.
    You entered an invalid number.
  • Please enter a message.
    Please select an option.
Military Divorce Information

Jacksonville Marine Divorce Lawyers

Providing Experienced Divorce Representation to the Men & Women of the USMC

Being a U.S. Marine during time of war means sacrifices that few others can ever truly understand. Some of these sacrifices come on a very personal level. If you are an active or retired member of the United States Marine Corp, or a Marine reservist, and you are seeking a dissolution of marriage in the state of Florida, you will need the services of a military divorce attorney who understands the complexities of the process.

Owenby Law, P.A. has been representing U.S. Marines and their spouses for years. We have the experience and legal acumen to assist you with your dissolution of marriage or other family law matters.

Owenby Law, P.A. can help military members with a wide range of family law issues, including:

Pensions, Benefits & Equitable Distribution in Florida

In Florida, with very few exceptions, property acquired during the course of the marriage is subject to equitable distribution, including retirement benefits. For most civilian couples, their largest assets include things like houses, cars, a 401k, etc. As a U.S. Marine, that means that your husband or wife is probably entitled to a portion of your military pension. Conversely, if you're married to a U.S. Marine, you may make a claim against your husband or wife's pension.

Need to Serve a Deployed Marine with Divorce Papers? Owenby Law, P.A. Can Help!

As a civilian, finding the exact location of a U.S. Marine while he or she is on active duty can be nearly impossible. That's why if you are a military spouse, it's crucial to retain the services of a Jacksonville Marine divorce lawyer who can navigate through the proper military channels to ensure that your husband or wife is properly served.

Because the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act allows for a 90-day stay on civil litigation, including divorce, it's important to move quickly on the initial service. We can help you decide the best way to go about serving your deployed marine spouse with papers.

If you are in Jacksonville and are ready to file for military divorce, turn to the Owenby Law, P.A. for top-notch assistance. We offer a free initial consultation!

The Benefits of Hiring Owenby Law, P.A.

  • Free Initial Consultations
  • Successfully Handled Thousands of Cases
  • Backed by Over 18 Years of Experience
  • Personalized, Results-Oriented Representation
  • A Team of Compassionate Advocates On Your Side
  • Flexible Payment Plans Available