Grandparent Visitation Rights

Visitation and Custody Lawyer in Jacksonville, FL

If you are a grandparent whose contact with grandchildren has been severed due to divorce or other circumstances, our Jacksonville child custody lawyers at Owenby Law, P.A. can help you petition for grandparent visitation rights. We realize how distressing it may be to not be able to spend time with your grandchildren. As soon as you enlist our legal services, we will begin working on your case in an effort to help you obtain the visitation rights you desire.

In order for the court to approve grandparent visitation, the following conditions must be met:

  • The visitation must be deemed to be in the best interests of the child, and
  • The parents must have been divorced, a parent must have deserted the child, or the child must have been born out of wedlock.

Call (904) 770-3141 today to discuss your case during a free initial consultation.

What Is in the Best Interests of the Child?

In determining whether the visitation would be in the best interests of the child, the courts will examine things like:

  • The grandparent's or grandparents' willingness to promote a close relationship with the parents
  • The existing relationship between the child and the grandparents
  • The preference of the child if he or she is old enough to make those types of decisions
  • The mental and physical health of both the child and the grandparents

For More Information, Consult with Our Jacksonville Family Lawyers!

In order to obtain grandparent visitation rights, you must petition the family court in Duval, St. Johns, Nassau, or Clay County. Our firm’s team of compassionate Jacksonville family law attorneys has been filing visitation rights petitions on behalf of parents for years. We have the experience and legal acumen to ensure that your petition has the best possible chance of being approved. If you are a grandparent who has not been allowed to see your grandchildren, Owenby Law, P.A. can help.

Reach out to our firm without delay for personalized legal assistance.